Rotary is a worldwide network of 1.2 million inspired individuals who translate their passion into relevant social causes to change lives in communities. The Rotary motto is "Service Above Self".
The Rotary Club of Chilliwack is dedicated to improving lives of people, both in our community and around the world. Chartered in 1934 as the 3663rd club in the world, our club is the largest club in Chilliwack with 170 members.
Our proud history includes four annual major fundraising initiatives: the Rotary Book Sale, the Rotary Dinner, the Rotary Garden and Lifestyle Tour, and the Rotary Scholarship Golf Tournament. With the support of the Chilliwack community, we raise nearly $150,000 per year that we use to fund local and international efforts such as:
- Central Community Park
- the Great Blue Heron Nature Reserve
- Scholarships for local high school and college students
- Breakfast and Literacy programs at 3 local schools
- the Rotary Theatre in the Chilliwack Cultural Centre
- the emergency room at Chilliwack Hospital
- the Vedder and Hope River Rotary Trails
- water and sanitation efforts in Gulu, Uganda
- a rice mill in Peru
We are always looking for like-minded, enthusiastic new members. For more information on our club contact [email protected].
We meet Fridays at 12:05 pm at the
Best Western Rainbow Country Inn
43971 Industrial Way